Recently retired from many of his businesses and positions, Bill is looking forward to helping companies navigate through these interesting times.
Bill’s vision is to make your business quicker! Quicker is better than bigger, and he sees the potential in leveraging big data to keep businesses like yours in the game by acting quickly. He want his clients to have access to good data fast! With the right business practices in place, Bill can counsel companies to uphold a customer service model focused on saving money, making money and saving time!
How the Consulting Process Works
Bill has developed a four-step consulting process. With this approach, he assesses a company’s current position and works with your company to outline a better, stronger direction for the future.
- With a letter of understanding or memorandum of understanding, Bill evaluates your company, identifies your goals and devises a plan for you to accomplish those goals.
- Bill schedules four quarterly meetings with your team throughout the year. At these meetings, Bill will work with your team to assess the business and develop a business plan.
- After the second quarterly meeting, Bill will share a list of other professionals who would represent possible future contacts that could offer supporting services for your business, based on needs identified during the evaluation stage.
- For additional consulting questions or services, Bill or his team will have an hourly consulting fee.
Areas of Experience: AgriBusiness 101 & Your Business Concept
Bill has expertise in several areas, and he can offer consulting counsel in the these areas.
- Recognizing and discouraging the fatal flaws
- Bill sees three chief factors that will take you out of business. He executed between 30 and 40 business plans throughout my career, so he knows what can hurt your business and can help you to distinguish the warning signs.
- Understanding your market
- Bill has marketed products and brands throughout his entire life and can help you identify and clarify markets that you’d like to serve.
- Managing cash flow
- Bill managed businesses and lived through tough times for more than 50 years, and through his experiences, companies need to choose the right business model. He can help you do that.
- Why businesses fail
- Bill experienced the Farm Crisis of the 1980s and witnessed big corporation restructuring that left smaller companies holding the bag. He can help you to structure a team that best positions your business for success.
- Choosing funding sources
- Bill has old relationships with bankers, investment groups and big money waiting to help your business. He can work with you to identify the right funding partners and choose the right number of funding sources.
- Emphasizing flexibility and feasibility
- From sitting on boards and running companies, Bill has had many opportunities to see what does and does not work in the market place with small businesses. Successful operations require some flexibility, but they also need an objective look at whether they can operate feasibly. Bill can help determine whether your business and personal vision mesh with market needs.
Jack Welch, the former GE CEO, said it best: “If you do not have a competitive advantage in the marketplace, do not compete! One great aspect of small business is that you can almost always find a spot that you’re very competitive in.”